公用欄目

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

公用欄目

Just for laughs (with response)

向下

Just for laughs (with response) Empty Just for laughs (with response)

發表  wmy 21.08.17 15:04

  wmy: The following *Just for laughs* comes from YL, Big Brother.

  As we all know, numerics 1-10 are one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine and ten in English, but Ah Huat did not follow the original numerics, he used the other words with similar pronunciation to fulfill the sentences constructing  instead.

  The red words are used by Ah Huat with his understanding, I guess. What do you think about it, YL ? Am I right?

  (from YL) *Just for laughs:*

  Only Malaysians and Singaporeans are world champion in this english!!!

  Ah Huat and an Englishman were asked to make a sentence using 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10.

  The Englishman tried very hard but could not do it. Then the Englishman turned to Ah Huat and very confidently said, "If I cannot do this, I am very sure that this would be way beyond your ability."

  Ah Huat thought for a while and this was what he came up with............

  1 (one) day I went 2 (to) climb a 3 (tree) outside a house to peep. The couple in the house saw me. So, I panic and 4 (fell) down. The man rushed out and wanted to 5 (fight) with me. I ran until I fell 6 (sick) and threw up. So, I ran into a 7-eleven and grabbed some 8 (cakes ?) (at first I guess the word is “eggs”, but in fact no eggs are sold in 7-eleven ) to throw at him. Then I took a 9 (knife) and tried to stab at him. 10 (Thank) God he ran away.

  10 (Then) , I put the 9 (knife) back and paid for the 8 (cakes ?) (reason as described above) and left 7-eleven. Next day I called my boss and told him I was 6 (sick) . He said 5 (fine) , tomorrow also no need to come back 4 (for) work. He also asked me to go and climb a 3 (tree) and jump down! I don't understand. I am so nice 2 (to) him but I don't know what he 1 (wants) .

  The Englishman fainted!

  ( Even an Englishman can't construct sentences using numerics. This ability is exclusive only to Malaysians and Singaporeans! )

  Don't laugh alone , pass on!

  The response from YL:

  Madam Wmy,

  You are right. However I think that "eight" sounds like egg. And both words start with the alphabet "e", so  "egg"  is to be used. It is merely a fun. So it does not matter with the fact.

wmy

文章數 : 6505
注冊日期 : 2012-11-08

回頂端 向下

回頂端

這個論壇的權限:
無法 在這個版面回復文章